On-the-go breakfast cookies packed with oats, nuts, seeds, and dried fruit. Get the recipe:
- 2 cups whole-wheat flour
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 4 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3 cups packed dark-brown sugar & 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup raw almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened dried coconut
- 1/2 cup raisins or currants
- 1/2 cup finely chopped dried mango
- 1/4 cup finely chopped dried papaya
- 1 cup banana chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Whisk together flours, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.
Beat butter in a large bowl with a mixer until light and fluffy. Add sugar; beat until well combined. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each. Add vanilla; beat until just combined.
Slowly add flour mixture, and beat until well combined. Add oats, almonds, seeds, coconut, raisins or currants, mango, and papaya, and beat to combine.
Form dough into 8 cookies (using 1 cup each) or about 14 smaller cookies (using 1/2 cup each), and place on 2 parchment-lined baking sheets. Top with banana chips. Bake until golden and firm, 30 minutes for large cookies and 20-25 minutes for smaller cookies. Let cool completely on baking sheets, about 30 minutes.